Last Friday we drove our rental car, Sliver Slick, from a couple days of camping in Moab, Utah to Grand Junction, Colorado in anticipation of picking up Ruby that day.
While on our way, we got a call from our dear friend who had offered to pay for Ruby’s repairs called. His house was robbed the day he called in to pay for Ruby. The thieves took everything, including credit cards. The credit card company cancelled his cards as of that day. He wouldn’t be able to pay for Ruby after all.
Please pray for Steve! And pray for the thieves who took from him – they all need a little Jesus!
Right after that we got a call from lovely Jackie from Masters Automotive to say the very lovely words, “Ruby is ready!”
We’re now about an hour away from Rifle. One moment Ruby is paid for but not fixed.
Now, Ruby was fixed but not paid for…
Ruby was now all dressed up with no place to go!
And the mechanic shop is closing in about two hours for the whole weekend. If we didn’t find a solution in one hour, we would have to wait in Grand Junction until Monday.
What did we do?
We pulled off in Grand Junction and ate lunch on the Applebee’s gift card someone gave us.
And counted our blessings!
We’re thankful for:
- Applebee’s spinach and artichoke dip
- Easter candy on sale
- The Kingdom Dreams team who loves us
- Our prayer networks who are so vigilant in their support
- Social networks that help us stay connected
- Our parents that help us stay grounded
- Our friends that help us stay real
- Laughter that helps us stay sane
- Mountains that make us dream big
- Divine appointments that make us humble
- Air conditioning in dust storms when you are allergic to dust
- Allergy meds
- Spiritual breakthroughs to freedom
- Truth that sets us free
- Grace that loves us even though we don’t live like we’re free
- The Body of Christ who is rising up
- Full authority in Christ
- Rental cars
- Tax Refunds
- The powerful name of Jesus Christ
- America the incredibly beautiful
- For hosts who bless our socks off (More on Cal and Jan in another post!)
- The Arches National Park that inspires us
- Pandora radio, GPS’s, smart phones, cruise control, and texting that makes our lives much easier
- Tow trucks
Just then, at the 11th hour, another friend called in to offer to pay for Ruby’s repair.
We are thankful for 11th hour rescues!
We picked up Ruby. I think I hugged Jackie about 10 times. Said our good-byes and got back on the road.
We drove over 900 miles in the last two days and Ruby was purring!
Thanks to all who prayed and gave to help us get back on the road.
We are grateful…