What we thought the beginning of the tour would be like, compared to what the Lord wanted it to be were two completely different ideas. Ain’t that the way it goes, huh?
And, for some reason His plan is just liiiitle bit better than we can plan. (Yes, that was the “The Church Lady” from SNL who just said that. Imagine magnificently pursed lips.)
Here’s a look into what happened for the first few days of the tour.
We were scheduled to launch the tour in Minneapolis on Friday, the 23rd, and do some team building things over the weekend, and have a ministry event at a local church in the city. Sounded great…until we got hijacked.
Teri, ended up needing to take care of some emergency family things and would be unable to be around for the weekend, leaving Julie and I wide open. It didn’t take long to know what to do when a friend of mine called and offered to sponsor Julie and me for a national conference for a health and wellness company I partner with, called ViSalus Sciences (most well known for the Body By Vi 90 Day Challenge).
I had been praying about going knowing that it was an incredibly important event to be at, but was asking the Lord for some financial help to go. So, naturally we get provided with the means to go, so we packed up my car and drove from Minneapolis to Kansas City for a weekend that we’ll not soon forget.
Highlights of the weekend:
- Being in a room with 17,000 other people who are passionate about true life change through health and wellness.
- Being in a room when Hulk Hogan comes on stage and promotes the challenge (though I didn’t grow up being a huge Hulkomania fan, you’ve got to admit it’s fun to see the Hulkster on stage promoting the products you’re using…never a dull moment.)
- Being in a room when Alfonso Ribeiro , better known as Carlton from “Fresh Prince of Bel Air” flash mobs the conference stage with 20 or so dancers, doing “The Carlton” dance. (They were telling us about a nation-wide event they are planning called, quite appropriately, “The World’s Largest Flash Mob”.)
- Being a part of a health movement that is so committed to seeing others succeed in not only in their health goals but also financial goals.
- Connecting and bonding with my personal team of 5-7 individuals who have the same heart and passion for Christ and also want to see people walking in freedom of health and finances.
- Making a commitment with two friends, Julie and Heather, (now formally known as –Team Freedom) to stick to our 90-Day Challenge goals and enter a contest through the Body By Vi 90 Day Challenge to win some sweet prizes for our health transformations.
- Staying in a building with an incredibly inspiring group of people with YWAM (Youth With a Mission) who were finishing up their training school and heading out for their two-month outreaches across the globe.
- 80-degree weather in March. ‘Nuf said.
- Seeing God provide through finances, times of prayer and encouragement with fellow believers and friends.
- And, all around just knowing that God knew EXACLTY where He wanted Julie and I that weekend; getting fired up about taking care of temple of the Lord, meeting with passionate followers of Christ, and simply letting Him blow our minds with His plans and purposes.
So, Lord, will you ALWAYS hijack my plans, please?
They just seem to be way better than I can ask or imagine.